Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are moist and a good keeper. Chocolate and orange are go-togethers.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- Beat butter and cream cheese until light.
- Add icing sugar and egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add rind and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Put into greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake in 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.
- For icing, beat cream cheese with orange juice.
- Add icing sugar and beat.
- Add more icing sugar or more orange juice as needed for easy spreading.
- Spread over bars.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Cut while cool.
- Allow to come to room temperature before serving.