Recipe by Aussie-In-California
Every year my boyfriend and I bake for all our friends and family a whole selection of goodies. The ones with alcohol in them seem to be the favorites :) I wonder why?
Top Review by BonnieZ
Ive been making these for years and take them one step further. I let them age and them dip them in melted Dove bar chocolate, half the recipe milk chocalte and the other half dark chocolate and oo la la are they ever yummy.
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Bacardi O rum (Orange Flavored Rum)
- extra rum, to taste (optional)
- powdered sugar, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside in big bowl.
- Mix corn syrup, and rum together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well with a fork.
- Let stand for 2 hours.
- If you like your rum balls super"rummy" you can add 1/2 cup more at this point and let it sit again for 2 hours.
- You can repeat the adding rum and waiting 2 hour step till it suits your taste.
- There is a good midpoint where the mix is not too wet and not too dry.
- Rolling the 1" balls should not be a sticky (too wet) or crumbly (too dry) task.
- Roll into balls and then roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Store in sealed container.