Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Every year my boyfriend and I bake for all our friends and family a whole selection of goodies. The ones with alcohol in them seem to be the favorites :) I wonder why?
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside in big bowl.
- Mix corn syrup, and rum together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well with a fork.
- Let stand for 2 hours.
- If you like your rum balls super"rummy" you can add 1/2 cup more at this point and let it sit again for 2 hours.
- You can repeat the adding rum and waiting 2 hour step till it suits your taste.
- There is a good midpoint where the mix is not too wet and not too dry.
- Rolling the 1" balls should not be a sticky (too wet) or crumbly (too dry) task.
- Roll into balls and then roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Store in sealed container.