Recipe by thevioletpear
Delicious moist dense bread with a wonderful orange aroma and yummy bits of chocolate. I use half whole wheat and half white flour but it works great with just one type. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate but have tried it with dark and milk, of course, both good.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Coming from someone who usually does not like to combine chocolate with orange, this bread was delicious! I had some ricotta left over from a previous recipe and a bumper crop of oranges from my neighbor's tree and decided to try this recipe. I plan to share some of this bread with my neighbor and pass the recipe along to her as well. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh ricotta
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 oranges (for zest and juice)
- 3 ounces chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg and sugar until light yellow in a bowl.
- Mix in ricotta.
- Grate the zest of the oranges into the bowl and then squeeze them for juice. Add the juice to the melted butter and mix into bowl.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir.
- Add the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the the whole into a greased 5x9 loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and eat!