Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very moist and tasty Orange flavored Chocolate cake. Originated in New Zealand. Frost with chocolate icing or you can ice with cream cheese frosting as you would a carrot cake
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla custard powder
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- Cream butter& sugar, add pumpkin, then beat in eggs, golden syrup& orange rind.
- Sift dry ingredients,& add alternaly with orange juice, then put in 8 inch (18-20 cm) round cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (150c) 45-60 minutes until cake begins to leave side of baking pan.