Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty evening dessert.
Make and share this Chocolate Orange Pudding With Cocoa Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add zest, juice, and flour, and mix until well blended.
- Pour pudding mixture into a buttered pie dish.
- Sprinkle over and cocoa, and gently pour over the water.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
I took the tip from Baked by Belle & added cocoa to the batter (What else could a real chocoholic to do, anyway!) & it was just right! The combo of chocolate & orange is always great, & THIS PUDDING IS OUTSTANDING! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
So divine! I added a couple of heaped tablespoons of cocoa to the batter to make it extra chocy. I cooked it for just under 25 mins at a temperature slightly less than the recipe suggested & found it achieved the right self-saucing pudding consistency.
YUM! Was this ever easy to put together! I used Zaar's sub for self raising flour (1 cup flour plus 1 tps baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp baking soda). For the sauce I only used 1/4 cup of sugar because 1/2 cup seemed like way too much. Turned out great!