Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ah, the age old quandry - how to keep my better half from becoming bored with plain popovers? Then inspiration lit up my kitchen. Combine two of his favorite flavors, orange and chocolate. Maybe someone else somewhere also came up with this but so did I, all by myself (with a gentle hint from my friend Bergy).
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (not hot chocolate mix)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- spray popover or muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line muffin tin with papers.
- combine all ingredients. batter will be a little lumpy. divide evenly between 6 popovers/muffins.
- put into a cold oven. bake at 450 for 25 minutes.