Recipe by dagac4
Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. For a change leave out the cocoa and orange and top with fresh cream and fruit instead.
- 4 egg whites
- 8 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 -2 drop vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 300 ml cream
- chocolate curls or grated milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar one teaspoon at a time whisking until meringue is very stiff and shiny.
- Whisk in cornflour, vinegar and vanilla.
- Fold in cocoa powder and orange zest.
- Pile mixture onto a baking sheet (baking parchment is best) and spread into a 9 inch round. Hollow out centre slightly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 1 3/4 hours.
- Let Pavlova cool and place on serving dish.
- Whip the cream and spread on top of the Pavlova, add the chocolate curls, serve and enjoy!