Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the "30 minutes or less" cookbook written by home economics teachers. This sounds simple and yummy. I have not tried it yet.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- In a medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed, beat cream to stiff peaks; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until smooth.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in cocoa powder and orange zest.
- Gently beat in half the whipped cream.
- Remove mixer and fold in remaining whipped cream by hand.
- Pour into 6 dessert dishes and serve or refrigerate.
Oh my....this was heavenly! It was so easy to prepare and I think the chocolate and orange go well together. This reminded me of those chocolate oranges that come out around the holiday's. So rich and delicious. Recipe was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing!! Thank's for sharing! Made for spring PAC '07.
Very, very nice dessert, & so easy to prepare! Followed directions exactly, then garnished each dish with a little bit of orange zest [A friend of mine recently got me the greatest zester that produces the THINNEST curls of zest.]! Definitely a recipe to keep on makin'!! Thanks for posting it!