Recipe by canthelpmyself
This is the best mousse ever! It is so quick, is low Gi and tastes amazing. It's incredibly rich. For a change use raspberry jelly instead. In Australia we have sachets of jelly that make up 500mls of jelly each. I simply measured one of these. Use the best chocolate you can find (70% or higher)), this is a simply recipe and relies on top ingredients. Have fun, dress it up for a fancy dinner, it never fails to impress!
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 5 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free orange gelatin (low-joule orange jelly crystals)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the dark chocolate in a large bowl over hot water.
- Dissolve the jelly crystals in 250 mls of boiling water and put aside.
- Meanwhile, separate the eggs and whip the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- While still over heat, using a whisk combine the dark chocolate, the egg yolks, the sugar (if using) and the jelly mixture. Remove from heat. Don't panic if it goes lumpy, this is normal and it will become smooth.
- Once the mixture is smooth and it has cooled slightly fold the egg whites in and mix until completely even in colour.
- Pour into dishes and cool.