Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Source: Woman's Day Magazine - "Cooking time is really chill time"
Make and share this Chocolate Orange Mascarpone Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 24 chocolate wafers
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken up
- 3 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large seedless orange (optional)
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Pulse cookies in processor until fine crumbs; add butter and process until blended.
- Press mixture evenly into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake 12 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- Spread marmalade over cooled crust.
- Microwave chocolate in glass bowl, 15 seconds at a time, stirring, until melted.
- Gently mix mascarpone, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl just until blended (do not stir too much or mixture will curdle).
- Fold in melted chocolate until no white streaks remain.
- If desired, put ½ cup chocolate mixture in small ziptop freezer bag and snip off a tiny corner; reserve for garnish.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture in cookie crust.
- Chill at least 2 hours until firm.
- Garnish: Cut orange into 1/4-in.-thick slices.
- Drain slices on paper towel, cut each slice in half, twist ends and arrange on pie.
- Pipe little dollops of reserved filling on orange twists to help secure.
- Serve at room temperature.