Chocolate and orange together -- one of my favorite flavor combinations. I found this recipe after a neighbor gave me a gift of some homemade orange marmalade, way too much for us to have on toast alone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spread the nuts in a large, shallow baking pan and toast in the oven about 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- 3Remove and cool, then break them into pieces and reserve.
- 4Grease a 13x9 1/2-inch baking pan with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- 5In the top of a double boiler, over simmering water, place the remaining butter and the chocolate.
- 6Cover and heat until the chocolate is almost completely melted.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Uncover and stir until smooth.
- 9Add the marmalade, stirring until it has melted and combined with the chocolate.
- 10Stir in the vanilla extract and orange extract and set aside until it is warm, but no longer hot.
- 11Sift the flour and salt and reserve.
- 12In the bowl of a mixer or by hand, beat the eggs until frothy.
- 13Add the sugar and beat until light colored and thickened (about 5 minutes).
- 14With the mixer on low, add the warm chocolate mixture, scraping the bowl and beating the mixture for a few seconds to combine.
- 15Add the flour and salt.
- 16Scrape the bowl and beat just until the flour has been combined.
- 17Do not overbeat.
- 18By hand, stir in the nuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with a spatula.
- 19Bake about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 20Cool in the pan.
- 21Cut into 18 3x2 inch brownies and serve or wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- 22Full flavor develops after 24 hours.
- 23Serve alone or topped with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Orange Marmalade Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 93.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g