1/3 Photos of Chocolate & Orange Marble Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
First cake I ever learned to make was a marble cake. It was for my Brownie Troops Cookbook. I remember being very proud because I had taken 3rd place with my mom's recipe. I hope you will enjoy this modern version. We like our chocolate cake to be on the sweet side, I have changed the measurement you may use less sugar, if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups sugar, white
- 4 eggs, large
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 3 1/2 cups cake-and-pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (bittersweet or dark)
- 1/8 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, grand marnia (may use orange juice)
- icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a deep 9-inch tube pan and dust with flour, put aside until needed.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Next beat in the eggs, one at a time then add vanilla.
- 5Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, making 3 additions of dry and 2 of the milk.
- 7Put half the batter in a smaller bowl and stir in the melted chocolate chips and cocoa. Mix well.
- 8Stir the orange rind and liquer into the remaining batter.
- 9Pour half the orange batter into the a prepared tube pan.
- 10Then in a random fashion spoon the chocolate batter overtop of the orange batter and finish with the rest of the orange batter.
- 11Swirl a knife, through the batter to create marble effect.
- 12Bake in 350°F oven for about 1 hour check and see if cake is done, if not keep in until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, shouldn't take longer than 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- 13Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool.
- 14When ready to serve dust with a little icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate & Orange Marble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.5
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 145.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: