This is from the Weekend's FOOD column dealing with Heavenly Hazelnuts dated 10/11/06. Enjoy this bark of Nirvana!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using aluminium foil line a 9 by 13 inch baking sheet and refrigerate it.
- 2Remove zest from half the orange with a vegetable peeler.
- 3Cut it into thin strips, about an inch long each.
- 4Put chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pan of water that is simmering.
- 5Mix well until melted and smooth in texture.
- 6Fold in half the zest and nuts.
- 7Immediately, now pour this mixture onto the refrigerated sheet.
- 8Using a rubber spatula, spread mixture into an 8 by 10 inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining zest, nuts and salt.
- 10Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 11Break into pieces and serve.
- 12Transfer to an airtight container and store refrigerated for 3 days.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Bark
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g