Recipe by ~Trena~
This has to be my favorite fudge. I made some chocolate fudge and thought about trying to add some real orange peel and orange extract to it, and it turned out wonderful! Very Creamy too. (That is if you don't over cook it). :-) I make it every year now.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange extract (Real not Imitation)
- 1 whole orange peel (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray lightly a 9x13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In large pan combine sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Boil over medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 230-235*.
- Remove from heat; add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, orange extract and orange peel.
- Pour into prepared pan, cool at room temperature.
- *Make sure you use Real Orange Extract, it gives it a much better flavor.