Recipe by Nana Lee
This easy dessert is the perfect sweet to have waiting in your freezer on hot summer days. You could use any flavor of sherbet as the bottom layer. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks. Freeze time is 4-8 hours.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Orange sherbet
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- To make this dessert no cook, use two containers of chocolate fudge ice cream topping instead of the chocolate sauce.
- In medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips, powdered sugar, evaporated milk, and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter melt and mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Soften orange sherbet until spreadable.
- Spread in bottom of 13x9" baking pan and set in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Soften vanilla ice cream and fold in whipped topping until blended.
- Spread over orange sherbet and set in freezer for 1 hour until firm.
- Spread completely cooled chocolate sauce over vanilla ice cream layer and freeze for 4-8 hours until firm.