Recipe by Marietta
Its moist and crisp at the same time. It was given to me by my best friend. Don't tell too many people that you are cooking them or you might not get any to eat yourself.
- 2 large eggs
- 175 g sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- rind 1 orange, only
- 200 g self raising flour
- 250 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 250 g dates, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 80 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt, almond extract and orange rind till fluffy and pale in colour.
- Mix in the flours, chopped nuts, chopped dates and chopped chocolate.
- divide into 2 equal sized lots and form into logs.
- Put onto greased baking tray and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until just golden.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes and slice any angle you like into 1/2 centimetre slices and lay on greased baking tray and return to oven to bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.