Chocolate Orange Cupcakes- Vegan!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (1 minutes high heat) or my preferred way - a makeshift double broiler (boil some water in a small sauce pot, put a small saute pan over the sauce pot, lower heat, add chocolate, stir occasionally with a plastic spatula until melted ), let cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, set aside.
- Whisk together wet ingredients (prunes through orange extract) until foamy, add orange peel. Add wet ingredients to dry and combine. Fold in melted chocolate.
- Line 16 (or possibly more) muffin tins with cupcake liner. Pour batter in, filling cup 3/4 of the way.
- Bake at 350 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.