Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chocolate and orange are perfect together in these fudgy morsels.
Make and share this Chocolate Orange Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange peel and vanilla; gradually add orange juice until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips (batter will be thick). Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
this was a great recipe, just filled the mini cupcakes cups, i tought just 9 big ones were gonna be a waste for my kids that eat only half of everything and they came really good, i'm saving this recipe, was really easy
Made these for PAC 2006. Sorry, can't rate this recipe. Tried them, the taste was good, but they didn't rise and they were very dense. I was surprised that there were no eggs in this recipe. Maybe that's why they were so dense? Thanks!