1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Orange Cookie Stacks
Chez Michelle's Note:
Bon Appétit | March 2007 These have a finished, pastry-shop look but require astoundingly little effort. The stacks need to chill at least six hours, so get started early in the day — or the night before Chefs note: I have not made these yet- I am posting because I plan to make soon. I read the reviews and some people had a problem with whipped cream getting to peak stage- I will test out and report-- unless someone beats me :) One reviewer added Cointreau to the whipped cream Sounds Yummy! :) Update: What was a waiting for?? Delicious!! This could be very versatile recipe...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 40 chocolate wafer cookies (about one 9-ounce package)
- finely grated orange peel
- 1Using electric mixer, beat cream and orange juice concentrate in medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 2Place 8 cookies on rimmed baking sheet, spacing apart. Spoon about 1 level tablespoon whipped orange cream atop each cookie, then top each with second cookie and another tablespoon cream. Repeat 2 more times with cookies and cream, creating 8 stacks of 4 cookies with 4 layers of orange cream. Top each stack with fifth cookie. Transfer remaining orange cream to small bowl; cover and chill cream. Cover and chill stacks at least 6 hours or overnight (cookies will soften).
- 3Carefully transfer 1 stack to each of 8 plates. Rewhisk reserved orange cream, if necessary, until stiff peaks form. Spoon dollop of orange cream atop each stack, sprinkle with grated orange peel, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Orange Cookie Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 186.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g