Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is The Bomb of Cheesecakes! Garnish with fresh orange slices.
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookies, crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 lb) containersmall curd low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup good quality cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the cookie crumbs and butter, toss well.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-10 inch springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven.
- In a food processor or blender combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs and whites and process until very smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and cocoa.
- Add the cheese mixture, orange liqueur and orange peel and mix well.
- melt the semisweet chocolate in the microwave until melted-make sure you dont burn it, and mix into the cheese mixture.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until the center is barely jiggly.
- Run a knife around the rim and place cake in the refrigerator until cake is cooled.
- Wrap in plastic and let chill overnight up to 2 days.