1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Orange Cake W/Chocolate-Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe uses leftover pulp from juicing oranges and carrots combined with a box cake mix to make a rich, moist, hearty cake with a flavor similar to a tootsie roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 duncan hines brand moist deluxe devil's food cake mix, 18 . 25 oz (1 lb 2.25 oz)
- 2 tablespoons hershey's brand european style Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oranges, & carrot pulp (from 3 oranges and 6 carrots)
Ingredients for Frosting (quantities listed are for a double-batch of frosting)
- 1Directions for Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a blender, process orange and carrot pulp with eggs, oil and water. Add cocoa powder to dry cake mix and stir, then fold in pulp mixture. Grease two 8 inch round cake pans. Divide batter between pans. Bake 35-40 minutes.
- 2Directions for Frosting: Mix together softened cream cheese and butter. Stir in orange oil, orange zest, cocoa powder and milk. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired constancy.
- 3When the cakes have cooled, frost & serve!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Orange Cake W/Chocolate-Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.8
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 737.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 72.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: