Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake is a little different from the other chocolate orange cakes on recipe zaar because it has orange and coffee liqueur in it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar
- Make glaze first:.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in heavy small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat and boil 2 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat cake mix and next 8 ingredients until well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour.
- Immediately spoon glaze over cake in pan. Let cake stand 30 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto platter and cool completely.
- Sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar and serve.