Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Prevention Magazine. Light and chocolatey.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 10"x15" jellyroll pan with wax paper.
- Wisk together cocoa, sugar and boiling water; Cool to lukewarm.
- Prepare cake mix following package directions, using the orange juice and adding the cocoa mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in the pan and bake 20 minutes or until top looks dry.
- Invert onto large rack; remove pan and wax paper and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, pudding, and vanilla or orange extract. Fold in whip topping; chill 5 minutes.
- Cut cake crosswise into thirds (5'x10'), cover one piece with 1/3 pudding mixture, place second layer on top of first. Cover with 1/3 pudding mixture. Place third layer and top with remaining pudding mixture.
- Chill for 2 hours.
oh gosh this makes a wonderful layer cake, the filling from this is so good, I am going to try this as a rolled up cake with the filling in the middle, I used the regular instant pudding and 2% milk for this, and also used freshly squeezed orange, thanks for sharing this great recipe Kel!