Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here we go with another recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor lady--Guess what I got for Christmas, and couldn't wait to make and share some of these yummy recipes. This one is one of my favorite flavor combinations--orange and chocolate. The author recommends frosting it with a orange-cocoa cream cheese frosting that I will post seperately.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (no pudding)
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 9 inch round cake pans.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, and mix at low speed for about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, or until batter is well mixed.
- Pour into pans and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely before frosting.