Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was just experimenting and came up with this cake.
- 2 ounces butter or 2 ounces margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Grease an 8 cup (round) baking pan
- Sieve flour and baking powder.
- Cream sugar and eggs, whisk (electric) for at least 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, melt the butter (margarine) with the orange juice and the chocolate, let it come to boiling point (one bubble is enough).
- Add flour mixture and warm butter/chocolate a little at a time to the creamed sugar/eggs, keep whisking on low
- Pour cake mixture into prepared pan
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, check with a skewer for doneness.