Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Chocolate, orange, sour cream, yum! I usually frost this cake with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and orange juice.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the all 6 ingredients for 30 seconds on low speed to combine.
- Then go crazy and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10 cup Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when you've poked the cake (apologize to the cake, how would you like it if someone kept poking you to see if you were done?) Let the cake rest (and heal) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the cake pan and cool.
- You can have this cake as is (it's delicious on it's own), or you can frost this with your favorite frosting.
Fabulous! Delicious! I made it just as written except for using low-fat sour cream and it was just great -- didn't need icing but icing would be delicious! Thanks for this keeper!
WOW! This cake is SO easy to make and has the most velvety texture and mild orange flavor. I couldn't even wait to frost it before I tasted it. Can't wait to make it again and try it with frosting !!! This is most definately a keeper! I'm thinking of doing a glaze with Grand Marnier for those special occasions.
Delicious, if you like orange with chocolate. I juiced 1 Orange and added 2C.Powdered sugar, this made a thin glaze that I poured over the cake while it was still warm in the pan prior to removal. Let it sit for 20 min. before removing from pan or longer if time permits. This made it incredibly moist and added a pronounced orange flavor. Tastes like a chocolate orange they sell at Christmas time.