Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A recipe born out of a request by my daughter.
- 400 g strong white bread flour (once measured take out 2 tbsp. flour)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml warm water
- 50 ml orange juice
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons easy bake yeast (bread maker)
- 50 g mixed peel
- 50 g chocolate chips (I used mixture of white and dark chocolate chips)
For the glaze
Mix together at the end of cooking
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and spice in a bowl.
- In the bread maker pan, pour in the water, orange juice; add the egg, butter, sugar and salt. Add the spiced flour making sure the water is all covered. Sprinkle yeast over the flour. If your machine recommends that you add the dry ingredients first simply reverse the order that you add them to the pan.
- Set the Bread Maker to sweet loaf, small loaf and medium crust, at the beep add the mixed peel and chocolate chips.
- Once the loaf is cooked remove from the pan and glaze with the sugar glaze.