3 hrs 15 mins
A recipe born out of a request by my daughter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g strong white bread flour (once measured take out 2 tbsp. flour)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml warm water
- 50 ml orange juice
- 30 g butter
- 3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons easy bake yeast (bread maker)
- 50 g mixed peel
- 50 g chocolate chips (I used mixture of white and dark chocolate chips)
For the glaze
Mix together at the end of cooking
- 1Sift together the flour, cocoa and spice in a bowl.
- 2In the bread maker pan, pour in the water, orange juice; add the egg, butter, sugar and salt. Add the spiced flour making sure the water is all covered. Sprinkle yeast over the flour. If your machine recommends that you add the dry ingredients first simply reverse the order that you add them to the pan.
- 3Set the Bread Maker to sweet loaf, small loaf and medium crust, at the beep add the mixed peel and chocolate chips.
- 4Once the loaf is cooked remove from the pan and glaze with the sugar glaze.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Orange Bread (Bread Maker)
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.8
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 453.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: