Recipe by Claire312
Easy way to make great tasting biscotti. No one will ever know you used a cake mix!
Top Review by DebS #2
I made this for the 3 Chefs game - the theme I used was "Simply Italian" and this recipe was truly simple to make! I never made biscotti before because I thought they sounded too tricky to make - but this recipe proved me wrong. These are very flavorful (I did use more orange zest) My DH - who is not a dessert lover - ate two of these! I used a baking stone rather than a cookie sheet and they turned out just right. I will make these again - just so I can impress my friends :)
- 1 box duncan hines devil's food cake mix (has to be a NON-PUDDING added mix like Duncan Hines)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest (more if you want)
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup shaved almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, mix melted butter, cake mix, eggs, flour, orange extract, orange peel and almonds.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Mix it with hand mixer or hands until if forms a big ball.
- Form the ball into a 14 x 4 rectangle.
- Place rectangle in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove rectangle and let cool for 10.
- Slice cross-wise into 1 inch slices and lay slices on their sides.
- Bake at 350 for 10 more minutes.
- Turn off oven and let biscotti's sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.