Recipe by Juenessa
This is a wonderful treat for people who love the combination of chocolate and orange. It brings back wonderful memories of me cooking in the kitchen with my mom, when I was a little girl.
Top Review by White Rose Child
Whoo-hoo-hoo, what a treat! I made these in about 5 minutes- the easiest part of my Christmas baking. I subbed agave nectar for corn syrup. They roll so perfectly and I think the prettiest balls are the ones I rolled in a mixture of red&green dyed sugar. This is a chocolaty, orangy keeper! Thanks so much!
- 1 (9 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine the vanilla wafers, 2 cups of the confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, orange juice concentrate, and corn syrup.
- Process until the cookies are ground to crumbs and mixture is evenly blended.
- Add the pecan pieces and pulse process until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and form into 1" balls.
- Roll balls in 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar** to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- **We always rolled our balls in regular granulated sugar. If we made them at Christmas time, we dyed some of the sugar green and some of the sugar red and rolled 1/2 the balls in the green sugar and 1/2 the balls in the red sugar.