Recipe by Redsie
Very fast (top-of-the-stove) and scrumptious! You can freeze this (if you manage to not eat it all!) without the icing. I have been making this for years with great reviews!!
- 20 whole graham crackers (or enough to make bottom layer and top layer)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 5 teaspoons hot coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with whole crackers, trimming to fit. Set aside.
- Put butter, sugar and milk in saucepan. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. When chips have melted, add the crumbs and nuts. Stir to mix. Pour over crackers in pan.
- Cover with whole graham crackers trimming to fit. Cool before frosting.
- Icing: beat ingredients together in small bowl, adjusting liquid as needed. Spread over squares. Cover and allow to stand a few hours before cutting so the crackers will soften. Cut into 36 squares.