Recipe by FLKeysJen
This pudding's packed with A SURPRISE INGREDIENT. Avocados are rich in healthy fat that's beneficial for your heart, hair and skin. Make the pudding ahead of time and refrigerate so the flavors can mingle. From Shape Magazine.
Top Review by rosslare
Very, VERY good chocolate mousse, which is also extremely healthy and easiest ever!! In other words, UNBELIEVABLE! I just mashed the avocado with syrup and cocoa, YUM! Added the rest of the ingredients and didn't really notice much difference. Healthy chocolate indulgence, which tastes very sinful. Thick and dense, yes, the way we like it!
- 2 large Hass avocadoes, cubed or 1 large florida avocado
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, plus
- 2 tablespoons more maple syrup
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pint raspberries (optional)
- fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- shaved dark chocolate (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first seven ingredients (through and including soy sauce) in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Sift cocoa powder with a metal strainer to remove lumps, then add to avocado mixture and blend until smooth. At this point you can refrigerate the pudding in a tightly-sealed container for up to a week or freeze it for up to a month.
- Serve chilled, layered with raspberries, if desired, and garnished with fresh mint and shaved chocolate.