Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° (325° glass).
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter.
- Mix well.
- Reserving 1/2 cup, press remaining oat mixture on bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle with nuts and morsels.
- Top with remaining oat mixture; press down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lighly browned.
- Cool and store at room temperature.
I was in a hurry and wanted an easy recipe with oats in. The chocolate was a great bonus as the people I am making this for like chocolate. It sliced up easily into small pieces great for people watching their sugar carbs and fat intake. Next time I could use some chopped glace cherries. Great pantry recipe only one bowl used too Easy clean up
This hit my computer at 12 noon on Friday and by 2 PM these were coming out of the oven. Simple ingredients, simple to make, and a pleasure to eat. We had these for "tea" on Saturday afternoon and it got raves from everyone who tried them. Next time (which will be soon) I'm going to try it with white chocolate chips!