Recipe by LaxLily
This is always a hit when I make it. Friends that have had it before tend to get very excited when I make it. Very simple and easy.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups Quaker Oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided into 2 portions
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, eggs, walnuts, and vanilla.
- Beat 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 portion of chocolate chips.
- Spread in 11x7 glass pan.
- Cook in microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate evenly over cake. Cool, cut, and serve.