Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Source: Hershey's website
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking rolled oats
- 236.59 ml buttermilk or 236.59 ml sour milk
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 158.51 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease or line muffin cups (2-1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together oats and buttermilk in small bowl; let stand 20 minutes.
- Stir together oil, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add oats mixture, stirring well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add to oats mixture, blending until moistened.
- Stir in nuts.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to wire rack.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Serve warm or cool.
Delish! Even my very picky eater ate 4. I only omitted the walnuts and accidentaly the baking soda.
Yum! These were so tasty! Everyone really enjoyed them at our house. Will be making again. Thanks for posting! Made for the October 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
I have made these twice. They are kind of small, but contain fiber and protein so are filling. Not very much fat either. Good taste.