Recipe by HisPixie
I would make this for my daughters as an afterschool treat. It produces a moist, dense, delicious cake. Since it's baked in a 9x9 pan, there's not a whole lot of cake around to tempt me for too long! Make your own frosting or use store-bought. Or simply dust it powdered sugar!
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, boiling
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, place the oats and the margarine.
- Pour the boiling water over the oats & margarine and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the oatmeal mixture and blend together.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture; stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 cake pan and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely and frost.