1/1 Photo of Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Adapted from my Cakey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (http://www.food.com/recipe/cakey-oatmeal-raisin-cookies-363765) to use up some chocolate blocks. It turned out yummy !!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (165g)
- 1 cup oatmeal (120g)
- 2/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 3 1/2 ounces chocolate, blocks (100g)
- 1/4 cup milk (60g) or 1/4 cup soymilk (60g)
- 1/3 cup oil, your choice of shortening, butter, vegetable oil... (80g)
- 2/3 cup sugar (120g, 1/2 cup is actually enough because raisins are sweet)
- 1/8 cup brown sugar (30g)
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses (optional, just to enhance the brown sugar aroma)
- 1/2 cup raisins (90g) or 1/2 cup cut up dried fruits (90g)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, of your choice (90g) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C).
- 2Mix the dry ingredients well; set aside.
- 3Put milk, butter and chocolate in a pot of about 4 quarts, warm slightly and slowly just to melt the chocolate pieces. Add brown sugar and stir until lumps disapear.
- 4Move the pot away from fire, stir in the sugar, molasses, raisin, nuts and, finally, the dry ingredients.
- 5Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- 6On a cookie sheet, spoon the dough and drop them 2 inches apart. If the dough drops are more than 1/2 inch high, press down with a spoon so it will cook evenly.
- 7Bake 11-13 minutes until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 224.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g