1 hr 25 mins
I found this in Southern Living's Feb 2008 issue. It is a spin off of the oatmeal Pecan Snack cookies I have also posted. I have not tested this myself, but it sounds pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked oats (regular)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 (7/8 ounce) dark chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt ans baking soda.
- 2Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until blended.
- 3Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and dried cherries.
- 4Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray, Gently flatten dough into circles. Sprinkle about 1/2 TSP chopped pecans onto each dough circle.
- 5Bake in batches at 350 degrees F. for 13-14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers come out clean. Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks and let cool 10 minutes.
- 6Microwave chocolate pieces in a small microwave safe bowl at high for 45 seconds- 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring at 15 second intervals. Spoon chocolate into a small zip top plastic bag. Snip 1 corner of bag with scissors to make a tiny hole. Let stand one hour until set.
- 7Bake in batches at 350 degrees F. for 13-14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers come out clean. Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks and let cool 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oatmeal Pecan Snack Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 374.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 46.1 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: