Top Review by buffettfanz
This pie gets 5 stars because it tastes GREAT, however, even with baking mine longer the center did not set well. It ended up being a bit runny in the middle, but my family still complimented it. :)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- cooking spray
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Roll dough into a 11” circle; fit into a 9” pie plate, light sprayed with cooking oil. Fold edges under and flute.
- Combine brown sugar and all ingredients (EXCEPT PECANS AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS, stirring well with a whisk.
- Pour into prepared crust and sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.