Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my mother in law. It is very basic, but a staple of most family get-togethers.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats
- Combine the first 5 ingredients, in a large saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- After 1 1/2 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the remaining 3 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto wax paper and allow to cool.
This is the recipe that I use all the time! I actually use about 3/4 cup of chunky peanut butter sometimes, when I want some nuts in my cookies.$ I suggest to NOT overcook the mixture (no more then suggested in the recipe), otherwise, it will result into crumbly cookies (that's what I noticed with my new batch, I thought I'd cook it a little longer and it resulted to dry cookies). This is the recipe I use and it works great!!!!