Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe out of the 9-07 edition of Guideposts. These babies are GOOD and I can see why the forward said that if you only memorize one cookie recipe in your life to let this be the one. A very nice cookie
- 3 cups oatmeal (not the quick cooking or instant variety)
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pur vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of chocolate miniature semisweet chocolate chips or 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- Set butter out on counter to soften.
- Heat oven to 300°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble other ingredients needed.
- In a food processor, pulse 2 cups of the oatmeal untl finely ground.
- In a mixer, cream butter until smooth. Mix in sugar then add the vanilla and eggs. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In another bowl, whisk together ground and whole oatmeal, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low, add dry ingredients gradually and mix only until the dry ingredients have become moist. Stop mixer and scrape sides and bottom well and mix with the scraper to incorporate any wayward ingredients.
- Remove bowl from mixer stand and stir in chips till blended inches
- Drop by spoonfuls onto pan, leaving 2 to 3 inches between them and the edge. These will spread so don't skimp on the space between cookies. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove sheet of parchment paper to cooking rack and bake remaining cookies. I'm not sure how many this made, I'll have to make again and note the size scoop I used and the amount they made. If anyone gets this info, zmail me and I'll change the yield to reflect the proper amount made. I'm guessing 2 dozen cookies.