Charlotte J's Note:
From Penzeys, credit going to a 'Brother Aelred'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the shortening and butter.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
- 5In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with the milk and vanilla.
- 6Add to dry ingredients along with the shortening/butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- 7It is best to do this by hand, not with a mixer.
- 8Stir in the oatmeal.
- 9Drop by the tablespoonful onto greased baking sheets.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- 11Cool on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1005 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g