1/2 Photos of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Simple chocolate and oatmeal make these disappear in our house quickly. The recipe has been in my file on a piece of paper for many years, so not sure where it came from, but probably one of my mom's old cookbooks. *For a fudgy, softer cookie, use 1 stick margarine in place of shortening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- 2Cream shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla and melted chocolate.
- 3Add flour mixture, blending well.
- 4Add rolled oats.
- 5Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet and press down with fork lightly.
- 6Bake at 325° for 12 minutes.
- 7Cool slightly and remove from baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g