Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These will satisfy your chocolate chip cookie cravings and are healthy at the same time. The oats aren't overwhelming but just enough to give it a nice texture. A very good cookie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In large bowl, cream butter with sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, dip in melted chocolate if desired.
Easy to make, nice cookies. I blended the oats just out of preference. There was no taste of cinnamon in the cookies, pity, maybe a tad more would let the taste come through. I got 30 cookies and they baked for 11 minutes. Fun to make and tasty!
Thanks for posting.