- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate, mega morsels
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats, morsels, and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls unto ungreased baking sheets.
- Baking at 350º for approximately 9 minutes until golden. Cool slightly on baking sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.