Recipe by sawyer.pam
I made these when my children were young and now my grandchildren enjoy them also. I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but enjoy making them as they are quick and easy to make. * To sour the milk I add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the milk and let sit for about 5 minutes. Or you can use 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk (see note above)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda, Oatmeal and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Melt butter and shortening together in small saucepan then add to flour mixture, along with the one cup of chocolate chips.
- Stir in sour milk and walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Chill 1/2 hour in fridge, then add the remainder of the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and flatten with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes.