- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup nestle cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups quick oats or 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Let stand on cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack.