1 hr 5 mins
Very moist and the frosting is very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a bowl, combine the water and oats.
- 2Sprinkle with chocolate chips (do not stir); let stand for 20 minutes.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugars.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Beat in oat mixture.
- 6Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 7Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 8Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
- 10For frosting: dissolve coffee granules in cream, set aside.
- 11In a small mixing bowl, cream margarine; add vanilla and salt.
- 12Gradually beat in sugar.
- 13Beat in enough of the coffee mixture to achieve spreading consistency.
- 14Frost the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oatmeal Cake With Coffee Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 522.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 72.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g