Recipe by Okiegirl
This is a recipe from my childhood. I think it was my older sister who found the recipe. These taste great with a tall glass of milk. Makes your house smell wonderful while baking too.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Stir in oatmeal and 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread into a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes.