Recipe by DuChick
Mmmm...these use some of my favorite flavors...chocolate, cream cheese, oatmeal and nuts. Leave out the nuts, if you prefer!
Top Review by ladypit
We enjoyed these. I doubled the recipe and made it in a huge pan in order to be able to freeze them for lunches. They are a bit crumbly and sometimes fell apart. But they had lovely flavor. Thanks.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal, dry
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, margarine and sugars, mixing well until blended.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Add combined dry ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts.
- Spread into a greased (or sprayed) 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Cool; cut into bars.
- Top with powdered sugar or ribbons of frosting, if desired.